Propecia is the brand name for the drug Finasteride is formulated to treat male pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia). Every man at some stage of his life suffers from Male pattern baldness, which is the most common type of hair loss. Hair loss starts with thinning of hair at first and completely stops growing eventually. This pill works to reduce DHT (dihydrotestosterone) levels in the body by averting the conversion of testosterone to DHT. This effect of the pill came into discovery in an intriguing manner. During clinical studies conducted on prostate cancer, it was accidently discovered that Propecia can initiate hair growth. Reduction of DHT levels on the scalp leads to reversal of the balding process. 86% percent of men taking Propecia have experienced satisfactory results. Patients taking this pill reported that Propecia slowed hair loss, enhanced the appearance of the hair and encouraged hair growth.
Who should not take Propecia?
- The first and the foremost caution to be practiced for Propecia is that a pregnant woman should never consume Propecia. The unborn baby is at a risk of developing birth defects. Women and children should never come in contact with this pill as this drug can be absorbed through the skin. The tablet comes with a layer of protective coating to avoid the contact with an active ingredient, provided that the tablet is not broken or crushed. In a case of a contact with a broken tablet, immediately wash hands with a disinfectant.
- People who are allergic to Finasteride, dutasteride (Avodart) or any other similar ingredients should inform their health care professional before taking Propecia.
- Exercise caution and duly inform your doctor if you have had a history of liver diseases, prostate cancer, bladder muscle spasms or urination problems.
- Propecia usage might keep you at a risk of developing a prostate cancer. Hence it is crucial to get a health checkup done by your doctor before taking this pill. A doctor will only prescribe a medication after he analyzes your suitability to the medicine.
- Also inform your doctor if you are taking any prescription, non-prescription, herbal or any other medication, before buying Finasteride online.
How to use Propecia?
Take this medication only my mouth with/without food. Propecia 5 mg of a dose is prescribed in a normal condition. After buying Propecia online or otherwise, carefully read the information leaflet provided to you by the pharmacy before consuming the medicine. Ask your pharmacist if you have any doubts. It will take about 3 months to notice the effect if you are taking this pill to treat male pattern baldness. If you discontinue the usage, you will most likely lose the hair that you have gained, within 12 months of discontinuing the medicine.
How to store Propecia?
This medicine should be stored at room temperature away from heat and moisture. Keep away from direct sunlight. Keep this pill away from the reach of children or pets. Do not store outdated medication. It is always important to check the expiry date before taking any medication.